Neck Pain is a common problem nowadays due to poor posture of the neck; whether it be from leaning over a book or computer, it leaves strain on the neck. Nowadays, osteoarthritis is the most typical reason for neck pain.
It can also have causes that aren’t due to underlying disease, like prolonged straining, looking up or down or leaning your neck continuously, sleeping in an uncomfortable position, overall stress, chiropractic manipulation, or wearing heavy necklaces. The pain in the neck differs in intensity; it varies from a simple ache to a sudden pain like an electric shock from the neck to the arm.
- Extreme pain worsens when the head is placed in one place for a long time, such as leaning over a computer or driving.
- The muscle get tightened muscle tightness and spasms
- When you realize your ability to move the head is decreasing
Neck Pain Causes
The neck holds and supports the weight of the head and can be risked due to any injuries and other conditions, which include:
- Muscle strains- Prevent the overuse of leaning over a computer or smartphone, often leading to muscle strain. Even reading in bed can strain neck muscles.
- Worn joints – Ageing tends to wear off neck joints, in order due to this wear and tear, bone spur formation occurs, affecting joints’ motion and causing pain.
- Nerve compression- Herniated disks or bone spurs in the neck vertebrae can stress the nerves that branch out from the spinal cord.
- Injuries- Collisions often lead to whiplash injury, which occurs when the head jerks back and fro, which strains the soft neck tissues.
- Diseases- Many diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis, or cancer, can cause neck pain.
How to prevent Neck pain?
Most neck pain is related to poor posture and age-related wear and tear. To prevent neck pain, keep your head centered over your spine, which helps relieve neck pain. Some changes in your daily routine may help, which include:
- It would be best if you used good posture, whether it may be while standing or sitting, be sure your shoulders are in a straight line up your hips, keeping your ears directly over the shoulder. While using cell phones, tablets, and other small screens, keep your head up and hold the device straight out rather than bending your neck to look down at the device.
- Take frequent breaks if you travel long distances or work long hours leaning at your computer, get up, move around, stretch your neck, and let those muscles relax a bit and your shoulders.
- You should adjust your desk, chair, and computer so that the monitor is at eye level, and you should not lean over it. Knees should be slightly lower than hips. Use your chair’s armrests.
- If you smoke, quit as fast as possible, as smoking can increase the risk of developing neck pain.
- It would help if you did not carry heavy bags with straps over your shoulder. The weight can strain your neck.
- Sleep healthy by keeping your head and neck aligned with your body. Use a small pillow under your neck. It would help if you slept on your back, keeping your thighs stretched on cushions, which leads to the flattening of spinal muscle.
- Stay active; if you don’t move much, increase your activity level.
Neck Pain relief
Some measures you can take in your home, which include:
- Alternate heat and cold- It reduces neck inflammation by applying an ice pack or ice wrapped in a towel for up to 15 minutes several times a day during the first 48 hours. After that, take a warm shower or use a heating pad on the low setting.
- Home exercises – Keep moving your neck. Daily gentle stretching can relax your muscles and rotate your neck; neck rolls and shoulder rolls should be done. Warm your neck with a heating pad before attempting those exercises.
Nirogalaya is one of the most leading Neurotherapy Centers in India. Nirogalaya offers the best quality service to people & we categorize excellence through our services.
| Treatment By Expert
| 24*7 Support
| Treated more than 60,000 patients across the globe naturally
| Trained more than 175 candidates
| 1st Neurotherapy Institute across the world with proven benefits of Neurotherapy treatments along with AIIMS (Delhi)